Sometimes plans come together even better than could be dreamed. Five weeks ago my dear Deb decided to buy a plane ticket to come visit me in California. I had not seen her since graduation at Black Forest Academy in June. She mentioned wishing her best friend from high school lived closer (Idaho) since they had not seen each other in almost two years.
So I talked to Autumn and arranged for her to fly down and surprise Deb. Autumn and I talked about how amazing being together would be, but how sad Rachel would be to miss this reunion. Secretly, I called Rachel and she decided to fly out from Philadelphia and surprise both the girls.
I kept the secret for almost five weeks. This weekend was the fulfillment of that secret. It was everything I hoped for and more. There were screams and laughter and silence and tears. In addition, we surprised three other students and another RA from Wittlingen. One girl we hadn’t seen in almost three years. There was so much to say and so many hugs and so little sleep.“I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, ‘Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever’” (Revelation 21:3-4).
Surprises are good. Reunions are good. Family is good. Hellos are good. Heaven is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment