God
stretches my faith in the support raising process. I get a front row seat to
see how God is working in the world and in our lives. There were a couple of
amazing stories this week that I had the opportunity to witness firsthand.
Last Monday
I sent out 150 letters to people to request they consider joining my support
team. On Wednesday I received a phone call from a woman who had received one of
those letters. The amazing thing was she had received the letter at an address
where she does not live. There was no reason that should have been the address
my family had one file for her. She was visiting a niece and it was the
only
piece of mail that came in her name the whole three months she was there.
When she saw
the letter in the mail, she was surprised and curious as to what it contained.
She had to laugh when she opened the letter and saw God had reached her across
several States so she could respond to my need and join my team. Seeing God
pursue her to be part of the team was a faith stretching experience for her and
for me.
On Sunday, I
was sharing about Black Forest Academy at one of my supporting churches. A
young man came up to my table. As we talked, he shared that I had spoken in his
class at school when he was in sixth grade. He had gone home to tell his mom he
wanted to go to Germany to be at BFA. I shared about the opportunities to serve
at BFA and by Monday he had requested an application. I have no idea what God
has planned, but it is exciting to see God’s continuing story in the life of
this young man.
Psalm 145:7
says, “Everyone
will share the story of your
wonderful goodness; they will sing with joy about your righteousness.” I want
to be faithful to tell the story of God’s wonderful goodness. These are some of
His stories.

No comments:
Post a Comment