I don’t know
how to put into words what happened around that ping-pong table. The question
prompt was “Why are you here?” Each of us had spent about twenty minutes
thinking through our response to this and a few other questions.
I had
actually been a little concerned about the reservation I had experienced in
their sharing in the first 24 hours. I knew they needed time to warm up to one
another. It is hard to be vulnerable with people you don’t know.
So I was
pretty overwhelmed when these women began to share their stories one by one. Their
stories were elaborate tales of God’s leading and provision. Each one talked
about not being sure EMBARK was the right fit. They told of the other plans
they had been pursuing. Then each one pointed to a moment when God intervened
and confirmed that EMBARK was where He wanted them.
They are
still not sure why God has them here. However, they know they are in Thailand,
after giving up jobs, university, friends, and family, because God has them
here. God has a purpose for them. Life might be hard here. They could
experience loneliness, fear, and doubts. However, each person can point to the
clear leading of God to EMBARK.
Their
stories brought tears to my eyes and further confirmed the steps of faith I
have taken to be part of EMBARK. God writes good stories.

No comments:
Post a Comment